Thursday, January 20, 2011

YOKO HATES FACELIGHTS!

  I have told my partner, my friends, my enemies, my customers, FACELIGHTS SUCK. Wanna know why they suck?

  This is normal me without some blingtard standing in front of me with a facelight set to 20 radius or what the hell ever.
(I am using a windlight setting. It makes me, everybody that isn't wearing a face light, and most every thing very visible and clean looking.)

Note that I am wearing a pale skin and I think Maitreya, where I was hair shopping has some lighting, but as you can see, there is no weird contrast from everything else, no spotlight, minimal glare. This can be customized to your preferences!

Ok, well, before this I was standing near a girl and it made me look like
THIS!!!!!

I have heard of a glowing complexion, but I don't think this is how it was meant to be. Mind you, this is not the worst face light I have ever come across, but LOOK! This is also a hassle when I am working. Some player comes up to me and stands nearby. My face is instantly washed out. I have to leave edit appearance, my pose or whatever i am doing and actually walk away to avoid them.

In almost every non-standard viewer (Phoenix, Kirstens, Imprudence etc..) There are a selection of windlight settings already installed. They can be accessed by going to World > Environment (Or similar) and Sky Settings or Environment Settings. Good "starter" clean windlight settings are analu studio 8, CalWL, and AnaluAvatarOptWhiter. All of these aren't in every viewer, but you should be able to find one of the above.
Often you will find a windlight setting in  notecards included with skins as well, but you must set these by hand or use resources included with your viewer to obtain/install them.

I change my settings up a bit quite often, though I generally stick with the analu AvatarOptWhiter. If you are ready to dive into editing your settings head first, here is Gogo's windlight tutorial from juicybomb.com. I looked around for others that got the point across, but this is the easiest to follow and best by far.


Go ahead! Give it a try. You won't be sorry.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment