Friday, January 21, 2011

A Blast From My Past - And some clothes!

  When I first came to SL with my original avatar about 5 years ago, the skin market was very... I don't know exactly how to explain it nicely, so I will say it sucked. I do remember that the top skin stores seemed to be Chip Midnight's skins, Nevermore Studios, X2 and my very favorite, Nomine!!!

  I found my first set of skins that didn't make me look at myself and shudder there. It was also one of my favorite places to shop for clothes for a long while. I guess you grow out of everything. After I got a bit burnt out on the gothy style I visited Nomine less and less, but I'd still stop in a few times a year to see if there was anything new anda mazing.

 I went a long while without paying a visit this time. I wish I'd gone sooner because I was VERY pleasantly surprised the first time I ventured there after over a year.

  There was the new Mosaic skin line. Mind you, I only buy "pure/bare/nude" skins, but I went crazy picking those up. The Mosaic skin line is dramatic, a bit bitchy and pretty all at once. Right now they are only L$100. There are lots of makeups available for them, but I just wear my own =). Here is one of the skins. I forgot which tone this is though... I have them all!

This skin screams "I am a brat, but I am hot and I can get away with it." 

 If the Mosaic skin isn't enough, I visited again and Nomine's Papillon skin line was there. I guess that was also new. It's also currently on sale for 100L per skin also. I picked up every tone. I didn't feel like showing every face this time, but here are some samples.
In my opinion, Papillon has more of a sweet, but sophisticated look.

 One thing I have always appreciated about Nomine skins is that they seem to work well with a variety of shapes. I am wearing a softer shape I may release later and these are the results.

She has a lil meat on her bones and the shading doesn't look ridiculous. Most skin designers can't/don't pull that off without making the belly look undershaded.

   Last, but not least, Nomine nude skins work beautifully with my makeup layers! That is a big factor in whether or not I purchase a skin. The faces on the skins are detailed so nicely without being overdone. Anything would work well with them!
This is shown with my Tribal Mistique eye makeup in Club and Baby Kisses Lips in Fuschia Craze.

 Convinced yet? Go visit Nomine and pick up some pretty new skins already!


 THE END




No comments:

Post a Comment